Monday, March 19, 2012

Breaking It Down!

Well I'm just going to have to mix and match to make my paragraph outline work.


My topic of my paper is very historical in nature (the dropping of the atomic bomb in WWII). I had to take the 6-part paper outline and disperse the narration/ explanation part into the reasoning/ arguments part of it. Partly because my arguments wouldn't make sense without historical background. Part is a weird sounding and weird looking word when you say it too much...

1. Intro- Usual introduction, some historical background.
2. Statement and division of subject- Defined by my thesis within the intro.
3. Reasoning and arguments/ narration and explanation- My arguments are A. the Japanese were not about to surrender, thus it saved more lives than an invasion would have taken. B. The use of the bomb deterred a very powerful Soviet Union from any aggression. C. The use of the bomb created a dead lock for bomb use in the future.
4. Prothetic- I'm still trying to figure this one out...
5. Conclusion- just everything summed up nicely!

10 comments:

  1. Part is a weird sounding word, say it 10 times in a row! Can't wait to read your paper. I'm a History major and I hope to specialize in World War II, so I can't wait to read all about your the dropping of the nuclear bombs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy word, huh?! Yeah I love history when it's not for school so it was interesting to write about!

      Delete
  2. Nice little clip at the beginning, haha! Great explanation of layout and such. Good luck on figuring out the 4th part...THAT word is weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Chris saying mix and match in class totally sparked this scene in my head haha.

      Delete
  3. Your paper will be very historical. It'll be interesting to see how you take something from the 40's and apply it to research and knowledge from today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I haven't seen this movie in forever. Your paper is coming along great! Good luck finishing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg. Napoleon Dynamite kills me every time I see it. SO stupid but so funny! Have you seen the movie Hot Rod?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I love that movie haha. "This my hat now... totally my hat!"

    ReplyDelete