Saturday, March 17, 2012

Oooooohh maaaaan! Bummer in the summer!

I'm not actually going to have a bummer in the summer, I just like saying it. My U.S. history teacher my Junior year of high school would always say it and he had THE deepest voice ever (he was actually the announcer for the L.A. Dodgers- pretty cool). I'm am so pumped for school to be over! In fact, I made a paper chain to count down the rest of the days I have to be up here. It's pretty exciting to break one every day you should try it! I'm going to go to the beach every day before work when I get back! Newport with all my friends back home. I get to go back and work at the Honda dealership and see all my 40 and 50 year old Mexican friends who speak barely any English and practice up my Spanish for my mission! At the beach by morning/afternoon ,washing cars by night! Making money and having fun is pretty tight! (Did anyone pick up that vague song reference,  I changed the words so probably not) I just have to endure to the end of school now, and knock out that issues paper! We're almost out of here!!!!!!!!!

I know I already obsessed about the beach my last post, but I really do miss it. Here is the beach "The Wedge". It has monster waves that crash right on shore... definitely a win-lose situation.

14 comments:

  1. The summer is definitely the best part of the year, and I can’t wait much longer. “I've been cooped up, tied down, about forgotten, what a field looks like full of corn and cotton- if I'm gonna hit a traffic jam, well it better be a tractor man. So sick and tired of this interstate system, I need a curve, a wind, a twistin; dusty path to nowhere- with the wind blowing through my baby's hair. And it makes me wanna take a back road, makes me wanna take the long way home. Put a little gravel in my travel unwind, unravel all night long. Makes me wanna grab my honey, tear down some two-lane country, who knows- get lost and get right with my soul. Makes wanna take, take a back road.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owen I love that song!!! Plus, I grew up surrounded by cotton fields so it makes me miss home even more. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Owen I can't get over the fact we're going to the same mission. It's gonna be crazy!!

      Delete
  2. Your summer sounds super fun-packed! Especially if you've got summer AND the beach together, constantly--ah I'm super jealous! Oh and i can definitely tell that you are SUPER excited, cause honestly, I haven't made a paper chain since like 3rd grade! Well, actually I lied, I made a paper chain for Christmas, but that was for decorations and not for a count down. Hope that chain of yours is getting shorter and shorter by the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I really am pumped.Paper chains are the best!!

      Delete
  3. I love the beach. but i wont be able to go for probably..... another 2 or 3 years? laaaaame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I'm excited for the summer too. But mine doesn't start till after the Spring term haha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost did spring too! But I couldn't take it haha.

      Delete
  5. Today marks the day where there is exactly one month until the last day of finals! Crazy! I am so stoked for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That video was pretty cool. It's crazy to see such big waves

    ReplyDelete
  7. 12 days of classes left. Thank goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a friend last year who counted down until we graduated starting with over a hundred days left... So I'm kinda anti-counting down now haha.

    ReplyDelete