Monday, January 23, 2012

The L The P and the E

Logos: I state a well circulated saying at the very beginning of my opinion editorial, but I can't really base it off of any experimented fact. "It is said that long lasting impressions of new people are made within the first five seconds." I'm trying to work with STAR also of course.

Pathos: Well, I make an attempt at some slight humor, but I also try and appeal to a few of the 5 senses with imagery.

Ethos: I'm definitely working on the artistic type of Ethos here since I have no innate Ethos or title here. If anything I have negative credibility cause I'm a punk college kid. But anyways, I'm definitely trying to identify with the reader because everyone has had some major bad handshakes in one way or another.

Solid appeal to the Pathos for you!

2 comments:

  1. I think you can definitely establish ethos by explaining that you've (assuming that you have) had these experiences, they were awful, and then explaining why they were. That way you are coming from some place of authority because you've experienced it firsthand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your paper and I laughed. Also, I'm creepily sitting near you in the library right now. Roughly fifth floor, far right side, at the eighteenth light down. Yeah, you know the one. PS: Hopefully that writing center chick clears your paper. Oh, and Prof. Husberg if your reading this Writing Center credit for "J-Quibbler on the Roof" would be appreciated. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete