Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Opinion Editorial: What Was My Opinion Again?

Well, to be completely honest, this assignment worked me forwards and backwards. To put it in sports terms, I was Kendrick Perkins, and Blake Griffin dunked on my face.


I think I was confused about how in-depth the Opinion Editorial was going to become. My topic started out as me ranting on bad hand shakes, lo and behold, I would soon have to support it with logic and authority; I was dumb-founded. My editorial became a 750 word "how to" instead of "here's why".

The lady at the Writing Center shot my paper down so hard that maybe she, and not the editorial, was the Blake Griffin in this assignment: all 5 ' 2 of her. Either way I got roughed up, and my polished draft hardly resembles my final draft I turned in. I had to seriously revamp it after the Writing Center. I lost a lot of my somewhat sarcastic tone and became very... factual (ehhh).

I still thought it was a great assignment and I would pick a different topic next time. My problem was my lack of understanding on what exactly I would have to do with my ravings (not THESE kind of raves) and rantings.

My Rhetorical Analysis will be the best!

3 comments:

  1. I think we all felt like Perkins at points, but it's okay now because it's over with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that Chelsea-achoo! Just gotta move on now!

      Delete
  2. I like your comparisons haha. The writing center was really good but it made me realize that I had to change my paper... So I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete